Dec 31, 2014

Solo to Secunderabad - 12-14th March 2014

I had few more days left in my rejuvenation leave under my belt after completing the ride to Kanyakumari, so I decided to do a solo to Hyderabad/Secunderabad. It has been a few years since I have last rode to Hyderabad. Last time I rode to Hyderabad was on my unicorn along with Raghu. I could not take my CBR as it was not in great condition so I have to resort to TB.

I planned to leave on 12th march after taking a days rest from the previous ride & I planned to be back on 14th March as I wanted to spend time with KT @ home during week-end.

I was aware that the roads are great so I knew I can cover the 600+ Km in about 8-10hrs, however as it happens with most rides there was more surprises in store for me on this ride.

I got delayed & could start from home only by 7:45 am given I was alone, I was able to make up for the lost time by riding without taking many breaks, I took a short brunch break before Gooty at around 11:30 am. I was kind of happy that my plans are back on track but i guess it was too early. 

At around 1:45 pm about 150Km before Hyderabad the trouble started when all of a sudden by bike stopped & would not start. After 90 min & few calls to the friend in Hyderabad I analyzed that one of fuze is gone bad, so I was completely off the plan now & because of this the traffic has also increased as a result I reached Shamsabad by 6:30 & then it took 90 min to reach my friends home in the peak city traffic. I finally reached at about 8:00 pm. 

First thing I did next day was to give my bike for servicing to get the fuze problem sorted so that I do not suffer similar issues on my way back home to Bangalore.
The ride back home was a lot more comfortable & without any issues with the bike. I started at about 8:30 am & reached my home by 7:00 pm

Destination    : Secunderabad

Total distance:  1362 KM  
Motorcycle    : Thunderbird 500 CC
Riders            : Me
Things to remember: Do carry basic spares as it is a pretty long ride & things can go bad.
Road Condition: Very Good


To:Secunderabad
Total Distance: 632 Kms
Time: Just over 12 hrs.
Breaks:2 small breaks & a big long break to fix the bike
Route:IIM Bangalore --> Hebbal --> Kurnool --> Samshabad --> Trimulgherry(Secunderabad)
Road Condition:The roads are good all the way.


From: Secunderabad
Total Distance: 635 Kms
Time: Over 10 hr 30 min.
Break: Multiple short breaks
Route: Trimulgherry(Secunderabad) --> Samshabad --> Kurnool --> Hebbal --> Bangalore
Road Condition: The roads are good all the way.

Here are some of the pictures of the beautiful highway, the complete set could be found here Flickr from the ride.


Created with flickr slideshow.


No comments: